Fiscal Year 2020 continued to be a strong year for the 77,486 acres of the timberland investment.
- More than $3.6 million in revenue was generated from clear-cut sales, thinning and hunt leases in the fiscal year ended June 30, 2020.
- The timber investment had a value of $167,790,000 at June 30, 2020.
- $154.168 Million was the total revenue generated from clear cut sales and thinning from the initial investment, through June 30, 2020.
- $132.9 Million was the initial investment in the timberland.
- During the fiscal year 2020, the timber management plan included clear-cut sales of approximately 1,700 acres, thinning of more than 3,900 acres, and hunt leases on more than 75,000 acres.
- The Foundation also planted 2,139 acres in Arborgen mass control pollinated seedlings, a genetically improved seedling, and Arborgen elite open-pollinated seedlings.
- The timber management plan for the fiscal year 2021 includes:
- Clear-cut sales of more than 1,500 acres;
- Thinning of 3,000 to 4,000 acres;
- Leasing more than 76,000 acres for hunting, with 109 leases.
- Planting 2,023 acres in December 2020. Arborgen mass control pollinated seedlings and open-pollinated elite seedlings will be planted on those acres. The seedling selection has excellent growth potential and performance ratings.
- The five-year forecast for timber projects from $2.8 to $2.9 Million in revenue generated from clear-cut sales, thinning, and hunt leases.