The Foundation timberland investment consists of 77,487 acres.
- The timberland investment was valued at $176,040,000, at June 30, 2022.
- Total revenue from the timber asset is more than $2,500,000 for the period from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022.
- Revenue from the sale of timber for fiscal year 2022, was $1,951,000.
- Revenue from hunt leases added another $496,000 to revenue from the timber asset.
- Other leases provided an additional $81,317.
- The five-year forecast for 2023-2027 projects revenue of $2.9 million annually generated from clear-cut sales, thinning and hunt leases.
- At June 30, 2022, the investment in timberland represented 45.3% of the net assets of the Foundation.
- The timber asset class is characterized by its low volatility and constancy of value while providing a consistent revenue source. The value of the investment was $176,040,000, at June 30, 2022. Total revenue from the sale of timber since the beginning of timber operations has been $158.7 Million.
- Plans for the 2022-2023 year are:
- Clear-cut sales of timber on 1,600 acres;
- Planting 1,019 acres;
- Planting ArborGen seedlings with excellent performance ratings for potential growth to be planted in December 2023; and
- Leasing more than 75,000 acres for hunting generating revenue of more than $519,000.