$5,080,952 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama through December 31, 2018.
Mr. John McMillan, President of the USA Foundation, presents semi-annual contribution check of $4,657,137, to Dr. Tony Waldrop, President of the University of South Alabama at the December 6, 2018, meeting.
- Total contributions of $5,080,952, were made to the University of South Alabama during the first six months of the fiscal year 2019. (Please see Detail 2019link for complete listing.)
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions for the first six months of the fiscal year are:
- $375,000 for the Whiddon Scholars in the Honors College;
- $1,022,230 for faculty support, including support of 35 professorships;
- $217,550 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $110,000 for Faculty Development Fund supporting faculty travel;
- $1,684,425 for technology projects supporting the USA Hospitals, including a new MRI and specialized monitoring for the Small Baby Unit;
- $854,566 for Clinical Support and Hospital Equipment in the College of Medicine and other hospital equipment.
(Please see Detail 2019 link on the Support page for complete listing.)
- Contributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds (DSH Funds) for the fiscal year 2019 total $2,538,991. The USA Foundation provided support of $1,684,425 for technology projects supporting the USA Hospitals, including a new MRI and specialized monitors for the Small Baby Unit, and $854,566 for clinical faculty support and other hospital equipment.
- More than $178 Million in support of the University of South Alabama
Through December 31, 2018, the Foundation has provided more than $178 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $22.13 Million to support scholarships for students;
- $71.87 Million to support faculty; and
- $84.20 Million to support academic programs.
- Highlights of that support are:
- Faculty support, including 10 professorships in the College of Arts and Sciences with a total of 35 chairs or professorships throughout the University.
- Supporting more than 100 scholarships, including the Sam and Charlotte Eichold Scholarship for Medical students, the Stallworth scholarships in History, the Thomas and Compton Scholarships and the Dr. Jeanne Sylvestre Scholarship of Accounting, among those 100.
- $20 Million in support of USA Children’s and Women’s Expansion by acquisition of the Brookley property. That investment will benefit the University as it is marketed and developed.
- More than $21 Million in support of the USA Mitchell Cancer Institute, including the support of four chair positions in the fight against cancer.