$5,525,000 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama for the first six months of the fiscal year 2020-2021.
- $5,000,702 semi-annual contribution to the University of South Alabama was approved by the USA Foundation Board of Directors at its December 10, 2020 meeting. (Please see Detail 2021 for complete listing.) Additional funding of $207,000 has been contributed during this period.
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions for the six-month period through December 31, 2020 are:
- $562,000 for scholarship support, including $375,000 for the Whiddon Scholars program;
- $1,346,000 for faculty support, including support of 36 professorships;
- $3,617,000 for academic programs including:
- $219,900 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $110,000 for Faculty Development Fund, for faculty travel support;
- $1,898,051 for support of USA Health for equipment for the new Freestanding Emergency Department;
- $570,146 for Clinical Support Fund; and
- $331,828 for Hospital Equipment.
- Contributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds (DSH Funds) for the six-month period ending December 31, 2020, total $2,800,025.
- Projected distributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds for the fiscal year 2021 are $5,600,051.
- Please see Detail 2021 for complete listing.
- More than $199 Million in support of the University of South Alabama
Through December 31, 2020, the Foundation has provided more than $199 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $24.3 Million to support student scholarships;
- $77.1 Million to support faculty; and
- $97.8 Million to support academic programs.