$10,597,497 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama for the fiscal year 2019-2020.
- $4,917,746 semi-annual contribution to the University of South Alabama was approved by the USA Foundation Board of Directors at its June 11, 2020 meeting. (Please see Detail 2020 for complete listing.)
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions for the period through June 30, 2020 are:
- $1,114,567 for scholarship support, including $750,000 for the Whiddon Scholars program;
- $2,632,222 for faculty support, including support of 34 professorships;
- $6,850,708 for academic programs including:
- $472,000 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $220,000 for Faculty Development Fund, for faculty travel support;
- $3,663,220 for support of USA Health for equipment for the new Fanny Meisler Trauma Center;
- $1,113,748 for Clinical Support Fund; and
- $646,888 for Hospital Equipment.
- Contributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds (DSH Funds) for the fiscal year 2020 total $5,423,856.
- Projected distributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds for the fiscal year 2021 are $5,600,051.
- Please see Detail 2020 for complete listing.
- More than $193 Million in support of the University of South Alabama
Through June 30, 2020, the Foundation has provided more than $193 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $23.8 Million to support student scholarships;
- $75.7 Million to support faculty; and
- $94.1 Million to support academic programs.