$10,014,910 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama through June 30, 2019.
- $4,689,851 semi-annual contribution to the University of South Alabama was approved by the USA Foundation Board of Directors at its June 13, 2019 meeting.(Please see Detail 2019 link for complete listing.)
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions for the period through June 30, 2019 are:
- $1,152,000 for scholarship support, including $750,000 for the Whiddon Scholars program;
- $2,470,000 for faculty support, including support of 36 professorships;
- $6,390,000 for academic programs including:
- $467,500 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $220,000 for Faculty Development Fund, for faculty travel support;
- $3,368,850 for support of USA Health for new hospital tele-tracking system, cardiopulmonary monitors for small babies, and a new 1.5T MRI and upgrades for the 3T MRI;
- $1,082,000 for Clinical Support Fund; and
- $627,000 for Hospital Equipment.
- Please see Detail 2019 link for complete listing.
- Contributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds (DSH Funds) for the fiscal year 2019 total $3,368,850 and supported technology advancements in tele-tracking systems of the Hospitals, cardiopulmonary monitors for small babies, and a 1.5T MRI and upgrades for the 3T MRI.
- More than $183 Million in support of the University of South Alabama
Through June 30, 2019, the Foundation has provided more than $183 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $22.685 Million to support student scholarships;
- $73.130 Million to support faculty; and
- $87.321 Million to support academic programs.