$32,671,350 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama for fiscal year 2022.
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022, are:
- $1,167,220 for scholarship support, including $750,000 for the Whiddon Scholars program;
- $3,236,356 for faculty support, including support of 36 professorships;
- $7,116,774 for academic programs including:
- $469,450 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $220,000 for Faculty Development Fund, for faculty travel support;
- $3,900,000 for support of USA Health for equipment for the Mitchell Cancer Institute;
- $1,236,894 for Clinical Support Fund;
- $722,470 for Hospital Equipment; and
- $20,000 for the USA South CARES Fund and Jag Pantry Fund.
- $21,151,000 to facilitate the construction of a state-of-the-art center for medical education and scientific research for the Whiddon College of Medicine.
(Please see Detail 2022 for complete the listing.)
- More than $237 Million in support of the University of South Alabama.
Through June 30, 2022, the Foundation has provided more than $237 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $26.11 Million to support student scholarships;
- $81.70 Million to support faculty; and
- $129.48 Million to support academic programs.