$32,671,350 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama for fiscal year 2022.
- $5,344,147 semi-annual contribution to the University of South Alabama was approved by the USA Foundation Board of Directors at its June 2, 2022, meeting. (Please see Detail 2022 for the complete listing.)
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions from July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022, are:
- $1,167,220 for scholarship support, including $750,000 for the Whiddon Scholars program;
- $3,236,356 for faculty support, including support of 36 professorships;
- $7,116,774 for academic programs including:
- $469,450 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $220,000 for Faculty Development Fund, for faculty travel support;
- $3,900,000 for support of USA Health for equipment for the Mitchell Cancer Institute;
- $1,236,894 for Clinical Support Fund;
- $722,470 for Hospital Equipment; and
- $20,000 for the USA South CARES Fund and Jag Pantry Fund.
- $21,151,000 to facilitate the construction of a state-of-the-art center for medical education and scientific research.
(Please see Detail 2022 for complete the listing.)
- More than $237 Million in support of the University of South Alabama.
Through June 30, 2022, the Foundation has provided more than $237 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $26.11 Million to support student scholarships;
- $81.70 Million to support faculty; and
- $129.48 Million to support academic programs.