$5,318,445 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama for the first six months of the fiscal year 2020-2021.
- $5,000,702 semi-annual contribution to the University of South Alabama was approved by the USA Foundation Board of Directors at its December 10, 2020 meeting. (Please see Detail 2021 for complete listing.)
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions for the six-month period through December 31, 2020 are:
- $526,101 for scholarship support, including $375,000 for the Whiddon Scholars program;
- $1,345,739 for faculty support, including support of 36 professorships;
- $3,446,605 for academic programs including:
- $219,900 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $110,000 for Faculty Development Fund, for faculty travel support;
- $1,898,051 for support of USA Health for equipment for the new Freestanding Emergency Department;
- $570,146 for Clinical Support Fund; and
- $331,828 for Hospital Equipment.
- Contributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds (DSH Funds) for the six-month period ending December 31, 2020, total $2,800,025.
- Projected distributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds for the fiscal year 2021 are $5,600,051.
- Please see Detail 2021 for complete listing.
- More than $199 Million in support of the University of South Alabama
Through December 31, 2020, the Foundation has provided more than $199 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $24.3 Million to support student scholarships;
- $77.1 Million to support faculty; and
- $97.6 Million to support academic programs.