$5,337,202 contributed by the USA Foundation to the University of South Alabama for the first six months of the fiscal year 2019-2020.
- $4,952,046 semi-annual contribution to the University of South Alabama was approved by the USA Foundation Board of Directors at its December 12, 2019 meeting.
- Highlights of the Foundation’s contributions for the period through December 31, 2019 are:
- $531,623 for scholarship support, including $375,000 for the Whiddon Scholars program;
- $1,314,076 for faculty support, including support of 36 professorships;
- $3,491,503 for academic programs including:
- $221,900 for USA Foundation Research Fellowships and graduate assistantship stipends;
- $110,000 for Faculty Development Fund, for faculty travel support;
- $1,831,610 for support of USA Health for radiology and ancillary equipment for the Fanny Meisler Trauma Center;
- $556,874 for Clinical Support Fund; and
- $323,444 for Hospital Equipment.
- Contributions from the Disproportionate Share Hospital Funds (DSH Funds) for the fiscal year 2020 total $2,711,928.
- More than $188 Million in support of the University of South Alabama
Through December 12, 2019, the Foundation has provided more than $188 Million in support of the University of South Alabama:
- $23.237 Million to support student scholarships;
- $74.445 Million to support faculty; and
- $90.813 Million to support academic programs.